I have been a great advocate of rising early. Old saying “early to bed early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise” still holds the punch the people really need in present world of hectic schedules.
Many psychologists also say that it is better to make your sleeping schedule according to your mood and working style. There are persons who are able to concentrate better at night. They love to sleep during day. Examples are given to establish its truth.
I agree. But it has also been proved time and again in various studies that the more we are near to nature the healthier and happier we become. Nature has made days for work and nights for sleeping. Yeah, we should be ready to accept few exceptions. You have to try your best to adjust yourself to natural cycle of sleeping.
According to my personal experience I have found early risers more energetic and healthy comparing to their late rising counterparts. They are more successful and their quality of life is often richer.
And definitely many persons have to discipline them to sleep on time at night and wake up early in the morning. See the nature. How disciplined it is. Therefore discipline is the biggest trait of any human being.
Tips to Get Early Rising Habit
I have encountered a large number of people who want to get up early but can not break the old habit of falling prey to sweetness of morning sleep. Know the tips and follow diligently:
- By now you might have known how many hours of sleep you need. Fix time is essential for sleeping and getting up. In the beginning you may feel problem in sleeping and getting up at the decided time. But after a few days your body will get habitual to new sleeping pattern.
- Get up at the same time even if you sleep late. It is necessary to get the right habit of waking up on time. Don’t bother if you sleep for less time than you actually need. Everything will be OK soon.
- Ask a family member to wake you up at the fixed time even if you don’t want to. Family member has to be hard with you, and pull you out of slumber at any cost.
- Use an alarm clock, but keep it away from bed. And I think it is the simplest and the best method to keep you in discipline. When you keep an alarm clock away from bed you have to get up to switch off its annoying ringer. By that time you have already left your sweet bed.
- If you are unable to sleep at the fixed time at night, don’t worry. 15 minutes before going to bed, do any one or two of the followings: read a relaxing book, watch an entertaining program, listen to light happy music, have ten minutes walk with the person you like. You can also take a cup of hot milk if you want.
- Many persons keep tossing in bed if they are not habitual of sleeping early. One sure way to beat this problem is to do very light exercise of lifting your legs (one by one, not together) in a very comfortable and easy way. It will help you to go to a sound sleep soon.