Running or jogging has been considered a great exercise for overall fitness of our body. See its benefits:
1. People who jog get better sleep. They feel refreshed in the morning.
2. It strengthens your leg muscles. Strong leg muscles indicate good health.
3. It reduces the risk of blood pressure or cancer.
4. It helps the people in controlling or preventing diabetes.
5. By strengthening cardio-vascular muscles it reduces the risk of heart attack.
6. By using excess energy of mind jogging gives you stress relief.
7. Your bones become stronger with jogging.
8. The people who jog regularly look younger than other people of their age.
9. It increases the power of respiratory system and blood circulation.
10. Jogging also improves the function of digestive system. You feel good appetite
Don’t start jogging in enthusiasm especially if you are a coach-potato or involved in sitting work. You may get muscle injuries in any part of the leg. Your weak muscles may not tolerate sudden stretching. First warm up your body; then run slowly and a short distance. As your body tune up to this exercise you can increase speed as well as duration. If you have some disease you should consult your physician first.
Written by: Anandrahi